1. Birth or Death Certificate can be obtained from R.M.C only if the event takes place within the area of R.M.C jurisdiction.
It includes household, hospital, health center, nursing home, institutions, jail, public resort, hotels, land, moving vechile etc.
2. Under the current Registration of Birth & Death Act 1969, event of Birth & Death should be registered within 21 days of its occurrence.
3. Registration of event within 21 days is absolutely free.
4. Delayed registration of events beyond 21 days but within 30 days can be done with the permission of concerned Registrar with 1 Rupees fine.
5. Delayed registration of events beyond 30 days but within 1 year can be done with the permission of Adl. District Registrar with 1 Rupees fine.
6. Delayed registration of events beyond 1 year can be done with the permission of First Class Magistrate with 1 Rupee fine .
B:: WHO WILL BE THE INFORMANT
a) HOUSEHOLD :HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD OR HIS NEAREST RELATIVE.
b) HOSPITAL, HEALTH CENTER,NURSINGHOME,INSTITUTIONS : MEDICAL OFFICER IN-CHARGE OR
ANY PERSON AUTHORISED BY HIM.
c) JAIL :JAILOR IN-CHARGE .
d) DHARMASHALA,HOTEL,PUBLIC RESORT ETC : PERSON IN-CHARGE.
e) AT PUBLIC PLACE :HEAD MAN OR THE O/C OF LOCAL POLICE STATION.
f) MOVING VEHICLE :PERSON IN-CHARGE OF MOVING VECHILE .
C:: BIRTH & DEATH REGISTRATION ACT (JHARKHAND)
* Download Birth & Death Registration Act